The Website of the BBC Young Pioneers

The Song of the Pioneers

The people’s flag is brightest red - it helps us earn our daily bread
Though skinflints mock and Tories jeer - the licence fee’s not really dear
The licence fee! The licence fee!
It pays the bills for you and me!
From single mums in Bethnal Green - for expense accounts and limousines

If they don’t pay the licence fee - it’s jail and chuck away the key
For posh school fees and winter sports - we need to add a few more naughts
Our pensions are inflation free - all paid for by the licence fee
The licence fee! The licence fee!
Don’t take away our licence fee!
A hundred and thirty odd quid a year - will keep the red flag flying here!
-


Saturday 24 November 2007

More Lefty Beeboid Snap cards - Caroline Thomson & Family

Caroline Thomson has the most senior executive management role at the BBC - Chief Operating Officer.

She negotiated the licence fee settlement with the Government and is responsible for key areas such as strategy and compliance.

She was reported as being "infuriated and shocked" when a Conservative politician accused her of being a "Labour crony".......................











5 comments:

Jeremy Jacobs said...

What a wonderful blog you have.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant Blog - I am adding it to me Blogroll thingey..

Francesca Preece said...

Fantastic investigative work there! I came across your comment on HaloScan and had to share my mutual disdain for the Blatantly Biased Cronies.

Mrs Smallprint said...

Great blog, I had no idea the wet rot was so far advanced!

I will add you to my blogroll too.

Unsworth said...

Barb Michelen's post is pure spam. I'd sugest you delete it.

Your blog's interesting but the page length is surprisingly long. Could you not break it down a little? Sorry, carping I know.

Nonetheless - keep at it. It's good that someone's taking the trouble to document things. And it will help us to more conveniently site the gibbets.